Med School Graduation!

It's done! Over! Finished. Forever. I finally graduated from the slog that was medical school. Whether or not I'm ready for residency will be determined shortly. But for now, I can confidently say that medical school is behind me.

Graduation day and the rehearsal leading up to it were hectic. So many people to say hello to and find out where their future is headed... It was a lot of fun. On rehearsal day we had our official medical school graduation photos taken:


We also received financial aid counseling. Important, but facing down my debt is a huge task.

Graduation day was quite bittersweet. R, my parents, and my in-laws showed up to watch. We all stayed at a place appx 20 min south of Yakima and had a great time.











I am struggling to put into words how happy I am to be finished with something I have worked basically all of my 20's towards completing. I went back to school at age 23 and took pre-med courses, took a couple years off to apply to medical school to make sure it was what I wanted to do, then endured 4 years of actual med school. Now I am 31. I feel ancient but accomplished. I made friends that I consider family. I have a future that I'm super excited about. I'm pretty dang happy with how things worked out. 

Comments

Popular Posts