new borderlands



- Back in DC - circa 3wks ago -
Following a haphazard garage sale while slightly hungover, which followed a mind-destructing orgo final, I spent the last couple weeks in DC begging strangers to take the last of my used books, going out to lunches that I couldn't afford, taking my pup to say goodbye to every dog park in the neighborhood, and being drenched in humidity-inducing sweat. It was quite a sad moment when we called out Adieu to the apartment that has treated us so well over the past few years and to the friends that were dreaming sweet dreams at 5am on a Wednesday morning.


The poor pup was anxious all week as we moved our furniture out.

- DC to WA -
We planned to drive x-country in three days. By Ohio, we had lost 3hrs due to a flat tire. We stayed in a Madison, WI on the first night, then drove until our ears bled to a rest stop past Billings, MT. We did make a quick stop at the Roadhouse Grill in Bismarck, ND - they have the BEST freshly-made homemade bread that comes with a delicious honey butter spread, and their sirloin and ribs were good too. It was quite the Bismarck landmark! Once we made it to WA state I was happily greeted by my brother and sister-in-law and their two very adorable girls. It was surreal to be back in WA so quickly after having spent so much time anticipating our return.



- Now in WA -
I am pretty thrilled to be back in Seattle. The new apartment in North Greenlake is very cozy and it's a strange thing to get back into the groove of living in Seattle and not being a student. All I ever knew very well was the U-district and downtown Seattle. Now I'm exploring the quirks of Greenwood, Phinney Ridge, Northgate, and Greenlake which I'm really liking.

-------

Thus far the events that have transpired to re-introduce me to Seattle have been...

...a hike up Queen Anne Ave to scope out the open-air street market complete with a $4 purchase of a pound of asparagus and Taro frozen yogurt.

...a 23 mile bike ride starting at Carkeek park and winding down to Golden Gardens and Gasworks which was topped off with tacos at the very yummy El Salvadorian guanacas eatery situated right across my old apartment at 41st/Brooklyn.

...attending the Pacific Northwest Ballet's performance of Giselle, a girl who danced herself into the grave and returned as a ghoulish ballerina that forces those whom stumble across her grave to dance themselves into deaths arms.

...an impromptu trip up the Space Needle with a ... hmm... hard to describe how my cousin knew her... a visitor from Cape Town, S. Africa. Then on to a wonderful Thai restaurant off of 15th Ave in Lake City/Northgate where I ate myself into a blissful food coma (the culprit was Noodle Delight).

Now my unemployed self will be applying for work and enjoying being back in the state of wa.


Comments

Popular Posts