Chili's and Cheese Steaks

Made it to Philadelphia last night. We are currently shacked up in a historic mansion in I dunno, West-ish Philly. I like it very much; there are multiple sitting rooms, a wide porch featuring my favorite chairs -- Adirondacks, and it has 4 separate levels. Plus the plumbing is terrific and the bathrooms/showers are private and clean...with good water pressure...I wouldn't mind staying a few more days here. Man, one can never fully appreciate good plumbing unless they lived at 42nd/9th for 2 years.

Today Robert and I dealt with Philly's terrible parking/driving situation. Seattle is not a city compared to the crap you have to deal with in terms of traffic in places like Chicago and Philadelphia. We drove around for a solid 45 minutes until finding parking and that was after settling for an over-priced parking garage. Get this, a parking garage, completely dense with massive cars, charges $5.75 for a 30 minute stay. Your eyes would pop out too if you had to see this in person.

And all we wanted was to see the Liberty Bell. Which, by the way, you have to wait in line to see and is also about half my size with a huge crack in it. But because we love history so much we skipped out on the line and adored it through a window instead of walking away.

The water in the hostel (or maybe the East Coast) tastes funny. Like someone was trying to enrich it with toothpaste chemicals. I need ice.

We had Cheese Steaks today and they were better than expected. I am not a huge meat eater, but for the sake of trying something new every-ish day I ate one. I recommend not requesting sweet peppers with it, or mustard. Just mayo and leave it at that.

I really like Philadephia, especially because of the constant reminders of my favorite childhood tv show, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. If you have ever watched this, you'll know Will Smith is so popular. What a classic.

I had the song stuck in my head all day (and yesterday when we arrived). "Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool..." I like it here thanks the the prince.

Comments

lily said…
a plain sandwich! no way! i think sweet pepper would be awesome on my sandwich!

Popular Posts