I have an address now

I found a place to live finally! It's in a pretty cool location called Hamilton Heights, still in Manhattan and I'm living in a 4 bedroom with 3 other kids my age. I haven't met them yet, but I should be getting their profiles emailed to me soon. The apartment complex is very cool though, Anna mentioned it to me, and the way that it's set up is that it's basically rooms that are rented out to college grads, kids my age doing free-lance, kids going back to school to get their masters or professional degrees, etc. So 80% of the tenants are in their 20s and in the same place I am in life. My bedroom is really big so that's exciting, and it looks out onto a busy street - Broadway. I plan on fitting a full-size bed, desk, love seat, and book case in it.

Plus the other apartment complex that's like the 'sister' to mine, is only 2 blocks north and has a Roof Garden, a very cool one in fact. After living with Grant I have fallen in love with New York City roofs.

The biggest disadvantage to the place is that it's really far from Nicole and Anna. It would take about an hour and a half to get to Nicole's place; she lives really far East into Brooklyn and I live really far North in Manhattan. To see Anna it would take a solid 45-60 minutes to get to Queens. But I suppose it can't be too bad, once we figure out a system. Anna already reserved Tuesday nights to spend the night because she's at Columbia U until 11pm. Then Nicole and I will probably reserve Friday or Thursday nights to meet up in a neutral place - like Union Square or Greenwich Village.

Lately I've been watching Flight of the Conchords with Anna every evening. If you haven't heard of them you should look them up, they're so funny. It's two guys from New Zealand that are in a band. This is my favorite piece right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8jaGs7xJ0

Anna and I spend a lot of the day just doing impressions of these guys. Which takes up a lot of empty time.

Comments

Popular Posts